The Avignon Bridge is one of the most famous monuments in the world, classified World Heritage by UNESCO, and the famous song that helped a lot, since it is sung by children of all countries !
But if this bridge is famous, his story is less so. The first time you discovered, it is surprising that it is truncated ...Only four arches remain on 22 of its origin. What happened? What is the event that caused this destruction? Moreover, little is known about the true name of the bridge Saint-Benezet. Who was this saint and what was his relationship with the bridge?
So learn the history and legend of this monument...
Open every day all year long. Last tickets sold one-half hour before the bridge closes.
- From September 1st : 10am to 5 pm.
Full price 5 €
Reduced price 4 € : - Children between 8 and 17- University students (must present their Student Card with current dates)- Senior citizens over 60 (must present an ID card proving date) - Large families (for all members of the family, must present their “Famille Nombreuse” card) - Handicapped persons up to 80 % (must present their Card) - Holders of the CEZAM Card - Groups: over 20 persons (1 accompanier free of charge for 20 paid entrances) - School Groups: over 10 persons (1 accompanier free of charge for 10 paid students) - University students (must present their Student Card with current dates) - Senior citizens over 60 (must present an ID card proving date)
- Free of charge for children under 8 years old - Avignonnais on Sundays from September to June -Holders of the "Key to the Palace" - Handicapped persons more then 80 % (must present their Card) - Journalist.
-Access to the Saint Benezet Bridge + Multimedia audio-guide available in 12 languages
GOOD TO KNOW
-For sanitary and safety reasons, visitors will be required to wear a mask
-Tickets valid for the selected date only
-Avignon Bridge: last entrance 1hour before
-The site is completely accessible to disabled visitors
- Specific commentary for the visually-impaired and additional tactile devices are available.
// COVID INFO // SPECIAL CONDITIONS 2020//
- Installation of a device for distancing from the forecourt to the shelf (floor marking >1m50).
- Mask must be worn from age 11. Masks are distributed at the entrance for visitors who do not have one.
- Poles, ramps and other potentially impacted areas will be cleaned throughout the day by a dedicated flying team
- Sanitary facilities: Toilets monitored, controlled and cleaned very regularly.
Thank you for your understanding.